The Artistís Blend is a marriage of delicate Lowland grain and robust, complex Highland malt whiskies.
Five key things set apart their approach to making Great King Street:
1. Great Grain. We use the very highest quality single grain Scotch whiskies which are the foundation of good Blended Scotch. All are aged in ďfirst fillĒ American oak barrels, which makes the grain whisky much richer and sweeter on the palate.
2. More Malt. They use a higher proportion of malt whisky than most other Blends. Artistís Blend consists of almost 50% malt whisky. This provides more character and complexity.
3. Better Oak. Every cask of whisky used to make Artistís Blend is of the highest quality: first-fill American oak casks, first-fill European oak ex-Sherry butts and new heavily-toasted French oak.
4. Bottled Naturally. Artistís Blend is bottled at its natural colour and without chill filtration. This leaves the whisky full of its natural complexity and mouthfeel.
5. Traditional Strength. They bottle Artistís Blend at 43% alcohol by volume, a strength traditionally used in Scotland many years ago.